Love is

"Love bears all things,

believes all things,

hopes all things,

endures all things." (1 Corinthians 13:7-8)

Friday, October 15, 2010

Day 1 Introduction & 15 Interesting Facts









Day 1-Introduce, recent picture, 15 interesting facts

Hello All! My name is Jennifer. I am a 1st grade teacher. I absolutely LOVE teaching and love hearing my kids laugh! This is my 4th year teaching and even though there are times I want to give it up because of the pressures, when I walk into the classroom with my students I know God wants me right there with them. My heart is content and I’m ever so thankful for his blessings!

15 Interesting Facts:

· God led me to find my husband in the time I least expected it. We dated for 4.5 years and had our dream wedding on 7.7.07. I found my perfect mate therefore why not choose God’s number for perfection for a date?

· I was born to teach. The reason I know that is how my heart feels when I’m in the classroom with my students!

· I never thought I would make it through college. School was extremely hard for me, but I tried my best and showed up every day. I swore I would never step foot into another school after graduation. Well, shortly after, I graduated with my Master’s (with a 4.0 GPA I might add) and now I’m working towards my Ed.S. This is evidence that children want to learn and I know firsthand that it’s hard. I try my hardest to help my students in any way I can so that they will not struggle through school like I did.

· Dave Ramsey and his money makeover system helped me & my husband become financially free and much closer than we ever thought possible.

· I obsess over things being organized and in their place in the classroom. Some of my co-workers think I am a little OCD and need to “let loose” but I just have an order for everything and have a strong desire to be organized. I feel that it is extremely important to know where things are and how to access them, especially when working with other adults and not to mention 20 children.

· I love decorating! It really is not limited to my home. I enjoy decorating anything- I love decorating for seasons (especially Fall, Christmas, and Valentine’s Day). I also enjoy decorating for birthday parties but LOVE baby showers!!

· While Student teaching I was blessed enough to meet two of my best friends! They are both teachers! It is wonderful to be able to discuss things and chare experiences with them both!

· The love of decorating and organization led me and my two besties to open our own business called Frogs, Bees, and Under the Seas! We love helping people throw the party of their dreams and love creating materials for parties and teachers as well! Check us out!

· I did not do well in Math nor did I enjoy it. Reading was not a strong point of mine either, but it came easier to me than Math. It’s exact opposite in the classroom. My students do EXCELLENT in Math and Reading in something I am currently working on.

· I am working on getting myself familiarized with the Daily 5 program. I am new to this, but I think it will be an awesome program and I am excited to get it started.

· Stephen (my husband) and I do not have any children yet- however we do want a family some day, we just love spending time with each other and we have 4 places we would like travel before we do!

· We went to Maui in July and it was FABULOUS! That was number 2 crossed off our list!

· I love Sundays! It is one day that Stephen and I are completely committed to spend the entire day together. We go to church, granny’s for lunch, relax at home, church again, grocery store and then Stephen helps me get things together for the upcoming week.

· I am thankful for each day I am given. I never take any of them for granted. I am also thankful for my husband whom is my best friend and my lifetime helper. He is a huge encourager and could not imagine life without him in it!

· I get excited when I know I get to come home and lounge on the couch in my sweat pants, with my husband, drinking a Dr. Pepper and eating dinner. I get excited over the little things.

I know this is number 16 but who caresI LOVE getting that phone call in the early AM that says school is cancelled go back to bed! Love it love it!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment