Love is

"Love bears all things,

believes all things,

hopes all things,

endures all things." (1 Corinthians 13:7-8)

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 10: Apologize

Apologize. Think back over the last couple of days (or weeks) when you should have apologized for something. Say, "I was reflecting on something that I said the other day. I said that disrespectfully. What I said was wrong. I am sorry. Will you forgive me?" He may have been 90% to blame. This is not done to re-open the subject.  You are apologizing for YOUR disrespectful part. If he starts justifying himself just say, "Honey, You don't have to get into that. I am apologizing for acting disrepectfully. Will you forgive me?" When he says, "Yes," respectfully say, "Thank you," & go do something else. Walk away. Please do not use this as an occasion to rehash the conflict. The showing of respect during this two weeks is not done for the purpose of getting him to look at his failure to love. You are showing respect in obedience to God's Word.


This for some reason is hard for me to do. I am praying that God will help be get over this because I should be able to apologize when I do something wrong. I am getting better than when we first got married, but I often find myself holding grudges or not communicating out of anger due to lack of forgiveness. I'm pretty sure everyone could use some help with this.  

No comments:

Post a Comment