Love is

"Love bears all things,

believes all things,

hopes all things,

endures all things." (1 Corinthians 13:7-8)

Monday, November 22, 2010

Day 1: Traditions

Day 1: Christmas Holiday Traditions

Christmas is a very busy time of year for everyone I’m sure! Before we were married I (Jennifer) never did much of anything on Christmas Eve. I did the usual dinner, then Mom and Dad would let us open up one gift (which is ALWAYS pajamas) then Dad would read Twas the Night before Christmas to me. Then I would go upstairs to my bedroom and watch Twas the Night before Christmas on DVD.

Well, as many of you know- when you get married things change and I no longer get to visit Mom and Dad on Christmas Eve. Stephen’s family celebrates Christmas on Christmas Eve, so I started going with him shortly after we started dating. Now that we married, we go to church for the candle light service and then we go to his family for great food, fun, and fellowship! After returning home we have one gift we let each other open (which is always PJs)! Stephen has taken over the role of reading Twas the Night before Christmas to me then we go to bed and watch TTNBC on DVD.

Christmas morning we wake up un-usually early because we are both like two little kids. Then we get ready and go to my grandmothers for breakfast. After breakfast we join Stephen’s family for brunch. Shortly after brunch we go to my Mom and Dad’s to celebrate Christmas with my brother and new sister-in-law. Shortly after finishing up there, my mom’s family comes for dinner. It’s definitely a NON STOP day, but we love it!

We’ll see how that works out with kids J

No comments:

Post a Comment