Love is

"Love bears all things,

believes all things,

hopes all things,

endures all things." (1 Corinthians 13:7-8)

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 2: The Big Reveal

Hawaii 2010

Lesson #2 - Greet your husband & give him a hug. Let him know again that you missed him or were thinking about him today. Again, this is secondary to what you are really feeling. Just do it. If he says something like, "Wow, two days in a row. Do you want money or something"? Ignore it. He is saying this to you because he is noticing your actions & they feel good to him. What may feel like sarcasm to you is playful bantering to him. After you hug him, leave the room. Don't allow for a conversation about your new behavior. This isn't a game,- just trying to avoid getting into a discussion of unresolved issues that you are not equipped to handle just yet.


I have realized in past times that I do this- it literally lights Stephen's face up! It makes him feel special and wanted at home. I hate myself for putting other things ahead of my own husband. I am however, working on this and plan to continue doing this everyday. I love Stephen, sometimes I just let other things become more important than him and I am putting a stop to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment