Love is

"Love bears all things,

believes all things,

hopes all things,

endures all things." (1 Corinthians 13:7-8)

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 3: Respect

Lesson #3 - Tonight make his favorite meal or dessert. (Or both!) Proverbs 31:15 says, "She gets up while it is still dark; she provides food for her family and portions for her servant girls".



You are making deposits into your marriage. During this two week period be prepared for your husband to do something unloving. You have greeted him, hugged him, & made his favorite meal, but later he yells at you for moving his keys. Ignore it. Don't throw your hands up saying, "Respecting you doesn't work. You are as unloving as ever." You are fasting from complaining for two weeks. Lower your expectations. You can't expect him to change in every area of his life because you did three nice things. Do this for God & not for your husband. God commands you to do this.
As I sit and read this challenge- I am guilty for sitting in my sweatpants and a t-shirt. As I read this- I agree that I would have NEVER worn this in the years that we were dating. NEVER! I KNOW that regardless of what I have on, Stephen will still compliment me on how beautiful I am. However even when I'm just sitting at home waiting for him to come home, I feel that I should put extra time into looking better for him. So along with Women's Marriage Ministry, I do strongly encourage all of you to examine yourself to see if you are in fact giving your husband "your best efforts". I am also working on this myself, so let's not just make his favorite meal or dessert- let's hop in the shower, fix up our hair and put on the "extra" makeup....yea you know what I'm talking about- add the eye liner and the eye shadow (or whatever it is you DO NOT do on a daily basis). Spruce it up and get out the "good plates and cups" and set the table. Light some candles and TURN OFF THE TV! Let him know just how special he is. 


No comments:

Post a Comment